Studying Methods

Current HR student?
Looking to do an HR degree or CIPD course?
Talk to those who have gone before you!
Corynne

Studying Methods

Post by Corynne » 27 Sep 2019, 13:17

Currently studying for my CIPD in level 3 and although the content isn't difficult I question the method. Distance learning I've found, isn't for everyone. At this point I wished I had signed up for blended learning. Just to have the "kick" to get assignments in!

What are you thoughts? :?:

workingmom
Community Member

Re: Studying Methods

Post by workingmom » 05 Nov 2019, 12:20

Hi Corynne, I did my CIPD via night school, two nights a week for three years whilst working full-time. It was a challenge - but for me it was the best was for me to get that qualification because of my restrictions on time availability. But for some, distance learning does offer some flexibility. Good luck!

Corynne

Post by Corynne » 15 Nov 2019, 15:56

Thank you for your reply.

At the time, my employee wasn't willing to support me nor did I have access to a vehicle to cover going to night school.

Things are now looking up.

Thank You

Becky
Community Member

Post by Becky » 18 Nov 2019, 16:24

Hi Corynne,

Last year my business put me through a level 3 CIPD course. I attended 2 - 3 days a month (depending on the module) which was great as we had the face to face input in those days and then got set the assignment. We were also able to email/call our lecturer if needed. What was really helpful was the course was based on our own businesses so we had the resources readily available to us.

I hope the course is going well! :)

Corynne

Post by Corynne » 20 Nov 2019, 09:04

Hi Becky,

Yes thank you, things are looking up.

Should hopefully be complete soon.

It's been a long time since I studied.

Thank you for your support. :)